DUBLIN CITY CONSTRUCTION SKILLS COURSE
24 Sep 2019
The St. Andrews Eastside + Docklands Local Employment Service Construction skills course is continuing to run in Dublin Port
The course is intensive three weeks long, and is being delivered by a partnership of Eastside+Docklands LES, Dublin City Council, St. Andrews Resource Centre, Department of Housing Planning and Local Goverment the Inner City Renewal Group (ICRG) and Dublin Port. The course covers a comprehensive range of skills for those taking part is free to all participants and requires no entry quaifications at all.
SOLAS Safe Pass
- This is a one Day course required for all candidates working in construction covering all aspects of Health and Safety. Clients will have this qualification provided by the LES before starting the course.
- This half day course is a legal requirement for all construction workers. The course that will be delivered to candidates attending the Docklands GO programme will focus heavily on construction related lifts. The tutors delivering the 6 Day GO Construction Skills module are QQI qualified Manual Handling Instructors and as such will be ensuring good Manual Handling practice is adopted and used throughout the programme.
- This half day course is also a legal requirement for all construction workers. The minimum legal requirement is for a theory only course. Our course however will include practical modules where candidates will measure and cut a variety of materials with both an angle grinder and consaw The tutors delivering the 6 Day GO Construction Skills module are fully qualified Abrasive Wheels Instructors.
Working at Heights
- This is a half day course required for all candidates working in construction. The course will also cover safe us of harnesses.
- This half day course is designed to instruct the vehicle banksman in the correct methods of controlling, directing, loading unloading and parking of vehicles.
General Operative/Labourer Basic Training
- This six day course will equip candidates with the basic skills required of any General Operative or Labourer on-site. The following areas will be covered:
• House Keeping • Measuring / Ratios • Laying Out • Use of Hand Tools • Use of Power Tools • Levels • Basic Fabrication • Loading, Unloading and Moving Materials
As with all previous modules, this element of the course will be heavily weighted towards practical learning and each candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the above modules.
Emergency First Aid
- A specdific course for construction sites. .
Mobile Elevating Work Platform – MEWP
- This one day course will cover use of both scissors and boom type MEWP
Job Application Workshop
- This half day Job Application workshop will cover job application and interview preparation. Upon completion of this workshop each candidate will receive a folder containing an up to date CV, letter of job application and copies of certificates and course outlines. Digital copies of these documents will be distributed by email to each candidate.
- If you are interested in working in the construction industry and taking part in the next course contact Jim Hargis or Sharon on 01 677 1930 email@example.com